5col Survival Supply sells only military grade paracord conforming to MIL-C-5040H and the newer PIA-C-5040 specifications. This cord is suitable for use in parachutes. A factory certificate of conformance is available (upon request) for all cord sold in our store. 5col Survival Supply paracord is manufactured in the United States by a company that supplies parachutes and related supplies to the US military. The cord for sale here is the same cord used in those parachutes. Other possible uses: Rigging, Lashing, Shelter Construction, Traps, Snares, Rigging, Trot Lines, Gill Nets, Braids, Wraps, etc.
- Our Type 3 paracord has 8 core strands (including the marker strand).
- All core strands are 3-ply.
- Minimum break strength: 550 lbs
- Elongation percentage: 30%
- Length per pound of paracord: 225′
- Military NSN: 4020-283-4783, 4020-00-071-3531
- Outer Nylon sheath has min. break strength of 300 lbs
- Conforms to MIL-C-5040H and PIA-C-5040
- This is military grade cord, NOT commercial grade.