5col Survival Supply sells only military grade paracord conforming to MIL-C-5040H and the newer PIA-C-5040 specifications. A factory certificate of conformance is available (upon request) for all cord sold in our store. 5col Survival Supply paracord is manufactured in the United States by a company that supplies parachutes and related supplies to the US military (and foreign militaries as well). This paracord is suitable for use with parachutes. Other possible uses: Rigging, Lashing, Shelter Contruction, Traps, Snares, Rigging, Trot Lines, Gill Nets, Braids, Wraps, etc.
- Our Type 4 paracord has 11 core strands (including the load-bearing marker strand).
- All core strands are 3-ply (including the load-bearing marker strand).
- Minimum break strength: 750 lbs
- Maximum Elongation of: 30%
- Specified Length per pound of Type IV paracord: 165′
- Type IV Military NSN (National Stock Number): 4020-283-4783, 4020-00-071-3531
- Outer Diameter: 3/16″
- Outer Nylon sheath has min. break strength of 300 lbs
- Conforms to MIL-C-5040H and PIA-C-5040
- This is military grade cord, NOT commercial grade.
- Who uses MIL-C-5040h & PIA-C-5040 Type IV Paracord: The United States Military, Search and Rescue, Paramedics, Law Enforcement, Surveyors, Backpackers, Emergency Response, Construction Workers, Guides, Hunters, Outdoorsmen, Survivalists, Bushcrafters, Paleo Runners, Hobbyists, Craftsmen, Truckers
- Uses for MIL-C-5040h & PIA-C-5040 Type IV Paracord: Rigging Personnel Parachutes, Rigging Cargo Parachutes, Lashings, Tie-downs, Securing loads, Building Shelters, Building Stretchers, Building Litters, Snares, Trot Lines, Traps, Gill Nets, Bracelets, Lanyards, Fobs, Monkey-Fists, Knife Wraps, Sword Wraps, Rifle Slings, Shotgun Slings, Bugout Bags, Belts, Straps, Weaves, Slings (for Slinging), Hanging Bear Bags, Rigging Tarps, etc.
- 500′ lengths ship on spools; all other lengths ship as hanks