Over the last 20 years, Cold Steel has succeeded in establishing the Tanto as a superior combat blade. The value of the Tanto styled reinforced point is now without question. Our superb Japanese Tantos are still unsurpassed for fit and finish, but are expensive, and beyond the financial reach of many knife enthusiasts. Our Recon Tanto has combined a 7″ blade, classic Tanto styling, AUS 8A Stainless steel and a comfortable, western-style Kraton handle into an affordable package.The Recon Tanto is rapidly redefining the standard for combat knives around the globe. It is well on its way to becoming the preferred fixed blade for SWAT teams and special military units. Visit your local dealer and ask about the Recon Tanto. Experience the extraordinary quality and test the distinctive razor sharp edge for yourself and you will see why, as a professional, this is a unique knife you can’t afford to be without!
Cold Steel’s popular line of Japanese-style Tantos are well regarded and offer high performance standards, but they are also priced accordingly — at times out of the reach of many knife enthusiasts. With the Recon Tanto, the company has included many of their more expensive Tantos’ features in a more affordably-priced package. Features include a seven-inch blade, classic Tanto styling, AUS 8A stainless steel and a comfortable, western-style Kraton handle.
A durable Secure-Ex sheath is also included.
- Seven-inch AUS 8A stainless steel blade
- 0.1875-inch blade thickness
- 4.75-inch handle
- 11.75-inch overall length
- Nine-ounce weight
- Black Tuff-Ex finish
- Includes Secure-Ex sheath
All Cold Steel products are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship. Details are included with your purchase.
About Cold Steel
Cold Steel, Incorporated was founded in 1980, with the goal of making the strongest, sharpest cutlery in the world for knife enthusiasts. Over the last three-plus decades, the company has been at the forefront of many design innovations that have helped innovate the knife industry, including introduction of checked Kraton handles, and the tanto point blade styles which have become industry hallmarks of quality and sophistication.
- Affordable Tanto knife’s features include seven-inch blade, classic styling, AUS 8A stainless steel and comfortable, western-style Kraton handle
- Black Tuff-Ex finish; includes Secure-Ex sheath
- Seven-inch AUS 8A stainless steel blade, 0.1875-inch blade thickness, 4.75-inch handle, 11.75-inch overall length, and nine-ounce weight
- Includes limited manufacturer’s warranty; details included with purchase
- This item is not for sale in some specific zip codes