The signature ring on our Shanghai Shadow gives this blade an assortment of advantages. This simple device allows tremendous versatility in handling the knife. It provides a totally secure grip when the index finger is locked in place through the hole. It can be pivoted around the index finger for a quick change from a forward to a reverse grip. And it can be a means of extending your arm’s reach by up to 4″ when gripping the ring alone. But as cool and useful as the ring is it’s the broad leaf shaped blade and Polypropylene handle scales that ultimately make impressions. Made from one solid piece of 1055 Carbon steel, with a tough spring temper, the twin hollow ground edges of a the Shanghai Shadow make it superb cutting and thrusting weapon. It come fully sharpened and includes a heavy-duty, black Cor-Ex sheath.
The unique, signature ring on the end of the Shanghai Shadow knife handle is surprisingly versatile. It provides a totally secure grip when the index finger is locked through the hole, can be pivoted around the index finger for a quick change from forward to reverse grip, and extends your reach by up to four inches when gripping the ring alone. The broad, leaf-shaped blade and practically indestructible polypropylene handle, meanwhile, ensure reliable performance. Made from a solid piece of 1055 carbon steel, with a tough spring temper, the blade’s twin hollow ground edges hold a sharp keen over time. A heavy-duty Secure-Ex sheath is also included.
- Seven-inch blade length
- Four-millimeter blade thickness
- 6.25-inch handle length
- 13.25-inch overall length
- 9.4-ounce weight
- Polypropylene handle
- 1055 carbon steel blade
- Includes Secure-Ex sheath
All Cold Steel products are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship. Details are included with your purchase.
About Cold Steel
Cold Steel, Incorporated was founded in 1980, with the goal of making the strongest, sharpest cutlery in the world for knife enthusiasts. Over the last three-plus decades, the company has been at the forefront of many design innovations that have helped innovate the knife industry, including introduction of checked Kraton handles, and the tanto point blade styles which have become industry hallmarks of quality and sophistication.
- Blade Thickness: 4 mm
- Handle: 6 1/4″ Long. with Polypropylene Scales
- Overall Length: 13 1/4″
- Steel: 1055 Carbon
- Blade Style: Dagger
- Unique, signature ring on end of Shanghai Shadow knife handle offers versatile variety of holding positions
- Made from solid piece of 1055 carbon steel, with tough spring temper, blade’s twin hollow ground edges hold sharp keen over time
- Polypropylene handle and 1055 carbon steel blade; includes Secure-Ex sheath
- Seven-inch blade length, four-millimeter blade thickness, 6.25-inch handle length, 13.25-inch overall length, and 9.4-ounce weight
- Includes limited manufacturer’s warranty; details included with purchase